To provide expert in-house legal advice and services on all business activities on a day-to-day basis and through advancing long-term legal measures/strategies so as to ensure corporate objectives of The Company are achieved.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide legal advice in respect of all aspects of The Company's ongoing exploration, development and production activities in Vietnam, as operator, in compliance with the provisions of applicable laws and regulations, the PSCs, gas sales agreement, joint operating agreements (JOAs) and other upstream agreements.
- Prepare, review, advise, negotiate, evaluate and identify legal issues and/or exposure arising from any contracts and agreements committed or to be entered into by The Company from all levels of the organization - i.e. Operations, Commercial, People & Organization, New Ventures, Projects, Exploration, Sub-Surface, HSE, GCR, Supply Chain, and IT.
- Analyze, balance appropriate legal and business risks and advise management on the same.
- Advising in relation to disputes affecting the Vietnam business. Ensure that The Company is adequately represented and protected in all legal proceedings including expert determination and arbitrations and all important discussions having potential legal implications.
- Proactively inform and advise the Management on all material changes in the law and further ensure that those affected comply with the revised requirements.
- Document control: build up and manage files filing system for Legal Department in Vietnam.
- Liaising and advising the business in relation to its relationships with the Vietnamese Government, co-venturers and other counterparties in relation to The Company’s rights and obligations.
- Compliance: supporting on the development of the ABC and compliance programs for the BU of Vietnam.
The employee must have an honors degree in Bachelor of Laws from any universities/ institutions recognized by the Vietnamese Government and have a good understanding of the Vietnamese Law. A second degree in either Accounting or Economics would be an advantage.
- 5 to 10 years of legal experience
- Significant experience within the oil & gas industry, upstream experience preferably
- Very familiar with existing legislation and procedures in Vietnam
- A practical business orientation to the practice of law
- Significant experience working within an international environment – preferably within multi-national companies
- Positive relations with industry and Government contacts
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to speak, read and write both Vietnamese and English fluently
- Ability to monitor and analyze new legislation and procedure
- Familiarity with marketing, supply chain and business development matters
- Demonstrates sound judgment with respect to understanding risks and associated tradeoffs combined with strong negotiation skills
- Very strong organizational and multi-tasking abilities