Primary responsibility for finding presenters, workshops, online courses, and other means of instruction that cover the topics or talents of interest. And while learning and development managers typically work full-time an office, the job may require travel to meet with vendors or to oversee learning activities at branch locations.
L&D manager will be expected to create training events for all employees, from initial inductions to leadership programmers for senior executives. Designed with leadership, management, business and personal progression and best practice in mind, the intention is to expand on the talents and skills across all employees at all levels within an organization.
Ensure that all activities pertaining to the following are managed effectively and efficiently:
- Working closely with various leaders across the organization and having a full understanding of their units and training requirements by consulting and using needs assessments
- Developing and delivering training solutions that meet business needs
- Embracing different styles of training techniques, including e-learning, tutorial sessions or coaching
- Having an awareness of the allocated budget and an ability to find solutions in order to implement the required training
- Acting as the go to within the business for anyone with questions or queries regarding training and development plans
- Selecting and managing resources, including working with both internal employees and building relationships with 3rd party training providers
- Managing the development of the HR team from a training perspective
- Ensuring strategic alignment of the training department with business goals
- Designing staple curriculums for all employees (i.e. values)
- BSc/BA in Business, Psychology or a related field. Mater degree is preferable.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in L&D domain with at least 2 years in a managerial role in L&D
- Manufacturing or FMCG industry domain experience is preferred
- English proficiency.
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices
- Experience in project management and budgeting
- Proficient in MS Office and Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Coaching & development skills: systematically build job-specific and soft skills in team members based on customized development plans
- Project & time management skills: Can manage multiple projects at the same time while ensuring that all specific needs are taken care of.
- Adaptability: Ability to respond to quickly and appropriately to changing circumstances, ambiguity, and complexity
- Relationship building: with L&D team and other business partners