• Ensure optimal running of all technical operations and services for all data centre customers.
• Interaction with customers, account managers, technical teams and 3rd parties in order to guarantee quick and accurate response to major incidents.
• Challenge technical experts in a reasoned and logical manner to explore all possible solutions to an incident.
• Guide the problem management team in order to improve processes and ensure technical focus in order to drive problem records down across data centre services.
• Lead technical customer discussions. Do this with the best possible outcome as your main priority.
• Provide advice and guidance to the technical specialist team and act as an escalation point within the function where required.
• Track, record and actively monitor a customer technical risk log across all Customer IT solutions in order to recommend service improvements and drive forward the best solution and service for the customer.
• Oversee technical documents/ matrix management covering infrastructure/storage/network in order to lead multiple technical teams as part of any major incident.
• Design and production of documentation to a high level including technical drawing, process models, customer communications and major incident reporting.
• Lead technical and process guidance plus make recommendations across Incident, Problem and Change management within Data centre Services.
• Recommend actions and inputs plus always be looking to visualise the value add on Data Centre technical road maps and future states.
• Adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
• Support and where necessary be part of an Out of Hours Management escalation process.
• Working on flexible shifts pattern to deliver 24/7 365 service
Excellent all round IT knowledge preferably with a specialist skill set in one complete technology area (i.e Networking, Storage, Virtualization, Application, Microsoft etc.)
• Comprehensive understanding of multiple technologies and the elements of an End to End service (Workstation, Application, Network, Virtualization, Storage)
• Certifications (vendor) in any of the above technology areas (Storage, Networking, Infrastructure).
• Inspire, lead and provide guidance to technical engineers and teams in best practice in IT operational environments.
• Ability/experience to break down an incident into technology and service components to methodically work with technical teams to plan and restore IT services
• Good English communications skills, both oral and written.
• Choose the correct choice of wording on technical or solution information dependant on the audience.
• Customer facing experience as you will be working with technical, process and customer facing documentation.
• Broad documentation writing skills covering both technical and customer.
• Confident character with the ability to deal effectively at both senior level management and junior technical level.
• Commitment to exceed customers’ expectations.
• ITIL knowledge/accreditation specialising around operational Incident/Problem and change management.