1. Scope (the way the position contributes to and impacts on the organisation):
- Pharma- Department Manager (DM) are an integral part of the income generating shoulder of LV. It is their job to develop a prospective client’s interest in LV and in doing business with the company. The skill of a DM is measured not by the maintenance of existing business but by his/her ability to develop new clients and create new business.
- A DM must be able to determine what drivers the client is implementing for a given product. e.g. is this product price driven or market driven. The ability to deliver effective product/supplier presentations is essential in securing business.
- A DM also provides technical assistance to clients as well as to his/her subordinates when in need and therefore dictates that clients and subordinates must have complete understanding of the product's application, chemical nature, alternatives etc.
- A DM in general will spend 70% of his/her time traveling to and visiting prospective buyers and current clients whilst the other 30% is spent in- house in preparation for selling days and management tasks.
2. General Responsibilities:
- Creates client-visit itinerary for the next week and submits this the Friday before to Business Manager (BM).
- Manages his/ her team & sells raw materials to his/her assigned accounts.
- Visits clients, to monitor and service all needs of the customer, and thereby create and contribute to more sales.
- Works with the BM and Group Sales Coordinator, to prepare, submit, and monitor quotations and samples.
- Prepares Weekly Summary Report, which includes client inquiries, sales, and market updates (i.e. client-wise, supplier-wise, product-wise) to facilitate the development of selling strategies.
- Assists clients in product innovations to increase business and turnover. This is achieved by providing frequent updates from the Raw Material Industry.
- Handles and addresses problems to the BM which may arise in the course of client’s transaction i.e. shipment delays, etc.
- Assists the Credit & Collection Department in payment monitoring of assigned clients.
- Monitors for indent/ forward businesses, the statuses of L/C deadlines, shipments, or any issue pertaining to a client’s order.
- Provides creative ideas and suggestions for better sales productivity, client coverage, and time management.
- Produces an annual Sales Forecast of his/her own clients as well as the ones of his /her subordinates.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the BM, or designate.
3. General Required Regular Reports/Outlooks:
- Proceeds Quotations for Clients (submitted to BM for approval before sending to client).
- Does Weekly Summary Report (submitted to BM on the Friday of the week being reported).
- Makes Client Evaluation Report to determine business potential vs. existing business with RMD (submitted to BM as required).
- Prepares Annual Sales Forecast (when required by BM).
- All correspondence to suppliers is Cc from Sales person to BM.
- Claims must be reported within the day directly to BM.
- Cc of all reports is requested to be sent to BM.
- Discusses Supplier visits including programs and cost within Vietnam with BM to obtain the latter’s consensus.
- Asks for BM approval on your holidays’ request.
- Makes client-visit itinerary for the next week and completes Weekly Summary Report as requested.
- Proposes and discusses with BM about the trade fairs that shall be visited.
4. Specific responsibilities for YOU: Handles all Pharmaceutical Ingredients.
5. Your Required Regular Reports/Outlooks:
- Revises/ discuses your client-visit itinerary for the next week as well your Weekly Summary Report with BM.
- Submits your Offer forms to BM to get the latter’s approval.
- Join Sales meetings for reviewing your weekly sales activities as scheduled on Mondays.
- Discusses with BM on pro-active products that shall be developed.
- Discusses and gets BM’s approval for your travelling cash advance, your travelling expense forms and your entertainment expenses with concerned customers and suppliers.
- Shares market and product information with the whole team.
- Discusses Supplier visits including programs and cost within Vietnam with BM then obtain BM’s approval of the travelling expense amount.
- Puts in full use of your client-visit itinerary.
6. Notes: This Job Description (JD) is created for the purpose to help the respective DDM understand his/ her responsibilities as well as improve the communication among the departmental members. This JD is not constant and is subject to review/ revise to meet the requirements of LV Rep. Office as well as HQ. This JD is also used for supporting the yearly performance appraisal of the concerned staff.
7. Qualifications Required:
- University degree in Pharmacist, commercial knowledge is preferable.
- Productive sales experience in similar field of not less than five (5) years, with strong inclination towards sales and client contact.
- High proficiency in both written and oral English.
- Customer-focused, results-oriented, team worker, solutions-driven.
- Meticulous, energetic, systematic, self-driven, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Facility to report regularly to superiors without prodding.
- Computer literate in Windows environment.
- Capability/potential for acquiring higher responsibilities.