- As a Finance Controller, to optimize the management duties and assist in making decisions which contribute to lasting profitability;
- Act as a counter-power, alerting as needed and proposing corrective actions;
- Ensure that all accounting records reflect precisely the business reality and adhere to both company standards and local tax and accounting regulations;
- Communicate accounting figures simply and effectively to operational contacts;
- Challenge current practices, if needed and propose new approaches;
- Be a reference in terms of business & analysis
Business partner: Contribute to the logistics management team’s decision making
- Have a deep understanding of the logistics business activity, its constraints, rhythm and risks related to its business activity
- Generate an overall Profit and Loss report each month that triggers speedy decisions
- Know the key indicators of the logistics scope of operations and create action plans, together with the logistics managers, to improve them.
- Participate regularly in operational meetings; the quality and relevance of your meeting contributions make them sought after by the team
- Through training, boost your co-workers’ finance-related skills
Management Accounting: Ensure financial forecasts are reliable and optimize management processes within your scope of responsibility.
- Promote a spirit of low costs and simplicity: Seek to optimize the logistics expenses using cost breakdown analysis, improving fixed costs, and sharing best practices within your scope of responsibility.
- Help the logistics team to ensure the reliability of forecasts (Activity, expenses, Investment planning)
- Together with logistics management team, create list of operational KPIs to keep track of logistics performance
- Regularly go over the 12-months rolling piloting and 5 year trajectory planned in order to facilitate the budgeting process and evaluate current performance.
- Make wise investment decisions using simple tools (e.g. Cost benefit analysis, Return on Investment)
- Alert if needed on stock and flow indicators (Stock levels, rotations, etc.)
Financial Accounting: Ensure reliable financial information
- Be in charge of local operating expenses for payroll (with Payroll service provider) and personnel expenses claims (through internal IT systems)
- Ensure that the Profit and Loss accounts accurately reflect monthly income and expenses, and comply with company’s standards (EA) and local standards (AA);
- Gather and identify business activity risks and reflect them in the financial books;
- Ensure the completeness, existence and accuracy of fixed assets and inventories with the help of logistics operations managers.
Tax, Compliance and Internal controls
- Provide relevant reporting to Tax and corporate authorities, external auditors regarding the financial information of the company
- Ensure documents are well archived and available upon request (Corporate and Statutory information, Contracts and agreements with suppliers, etc.)
- Be familiar with internal controls and processes; train team members and monitor their application of those processes
- Critically evaluate processes in order to find weak spots and take actions to improve them