To manage day to day operations of vendors & key customer based in Vietnam. Assist Directors on new business opportunities within Vietnam and take on
internal business initiatives to improve overall business.
To manage and execute operations with Vietnam based suppliers & key customer: (80% of the JD)
- Be the primary contact for key client and sub-contractor vendor based in Vietnam. Liaise with local customer & selected vendor and their colleagues for any questions & operational requirements.
- Own the day to day management of the contract for nationwide domestic shipping services, including shipping, post-offices (drop off/Pick up) points, shipment reconciliations, shipment tracking, operations reporting & customer enquiries.
- Monitor & manager client & service provider KPIs on a daily basis
- Implement & manage technology requirements
- Project managing client transition from existing vendor and future project related work, e.g. new technology solution
Assist Directors on new business opportunities: (10% of the JD)
- Assisting the Sales Director on new business opportunities, with a primary focus on speaking to sub-contractor carriers to discuss the scope of work, receiving pricing from sub-contractors, marking up pricing, and putting this process and pricing in to a formal presentation for clients.
- Assisting the Operations Director on new business opportunities, with a primary focus on implementing the scope of work for new clients, liaising directly with both the client and the carrier, through to the start of a trial period (if required) or straight through to the formal commencement date of the new work.
Take on internal business initiatives to improve the business: (10% of the JD)
- Taking the lead on new initiatives to make the business safer and more efficient. Some examples of this are: Organising a master file of all carriers, their rates, and their strengths and weaknesses. Prepare a master excel template for internal pricing comparisons between carriers.
- Languages: Vietnamese (Must have), English, Cantonese & Mandarin (Chinese languages a bonus)
- Min 3 year’s experience dealing with local Vietnamese vendors specifically relating to logistics and or courier companies
- Min 3 year’s experience in working & managing local external clients with overseas representation (e.g. USA company operating in Vietnam)
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & SAAS basic competence (e.g. salesforce)
- Ability to quickly understand day to day operations, technology portals & confidently contact client on behalf company to handle both day to day and future requirements.