- This position responsible for developing and implementing organizational safety programs and requires a high level of commitment and dedication to the Safety, Health, Environment, Security
- Experience in coordinating and managing of HSSE function and activities with behavior based programs and concepts, training, injury case management, program development, personnel management, leadership development, supervisor engagement, client interaction, management counsel, injury care, and other HSSE experience that may not be listed here.
- Review and update institutional HSSE policies and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and plan precautionary measure, actively seek and correct the gaps between good safety performance and great safety performance
- To continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness and knowledge across the organization to coordinate training programs for employees. Positively influence all stakeholders by action, belief and conviction in the human system of safety management.
- Improve performance by setting an example of no compromise safety excellence,
2. Core Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Plan, monitor and implement HSSE Policy, Objectives, management program, Operating Management Systems (OMS) and relevant Group Standards.
- Authorize to implement integrated HSSE management system to international standard which balance HSSE and economic considerations.
- Translating HSSE requirements into operating documentation. Program, plan and procedures, implement and control safety, health and environmental rules and regulations in accordance with Vietnam Labour Safety Law.
- Developing and integrating Process Safety Management (PSM) systems
- Develops, maintains, and implements security procedures and plans connected the group security requirements
- Attend any other meetings where HSSE is an item on the agenda and keep a record of minutes of all HSSE meetings and records of all inspections and other HSSE record require.
- Advise to prevent injury to personnel, damage to plant and equipment, prevent fires, ways to improve existing work methods, and provide recommendations for improving the HSSE standards on workplace and procedures.
- Determine the root, intermediate and underlying cause of any accidental occurrence and recommend control measures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Conduct HSSE training for all employees and suppliers. Train labor safety for workers. – Conducting toolbox meeting, Supervisors safety meeting, conducting training in various topics, conducting safety incentive program, conducting safety auditing/inspection.
- Recommend safe practices and Health, Safety and Environmental literature/ signage and forward the information onto management personnel who shall circulate the information applicable to each level of employee.
- Review and update company’s emergency response procedures and implement effective controlled evacuation of personnel during an emergency.
- Environment-related risk management, and regulatory compliance, understand company and regulatory authority environmental requirements and be able to interpret and effectively apply/communicate legal requirements
- Manage, monitor and supervise the system of fire protection means to ensure the system work properly
- Develop fire protection plans, processes, regulations and rules on Fire Fighting works.
- Prepare monthly HSSE performance report and make presentation, submit to General Director and Deputy General Director, forward to Group General Manager and Group HSSE Department.
1. Technical Knowledge/ Skills/ Competencies:
- Advise stakeholders on relevant Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) legal and other requirements
- Advise employer, self-employed and other stakeholders on hazard identification, implementation of control measures and management of WSH risks
- Apply an effective, systematic and pragmatic approach to identify, evaluating and managing process hazards to PSM compliance.
- Apply of Process Hazard & Risk Analysis (PH&RA) techniques, focus on principal methods of HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA, FMEA, QRA and Bowtie analysis
- Ability to conduct conformance audit and review HAZOP IEC 61882:2016, Functional Safety IEC 61508 and IEC 61511.
- Ability to conduct conformance audit and review IMS system such as OHSAS18001, ISO45001, ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO27000, 5S and others may not be listed here by company directives.
- Implement/maintain an effective Safety Management System (SMS) within the area of responsibility/influence In compliance with OHSAS18001 and ISO45001 requirements.
- Implement/maintain an effective Quality Management System (QMS) within the area of responsibility/influence In compliance with ISO9001 requirements.
- Implement/maintain an effective Environmental Management System (EMS) within the area of responsibility/influence In compliance with ISO14001 requirements.
- Implement/maintain an effective Information Security Management System (ISMS) within the area of responsibility/influence In compliance with ISO27000 requirements.
- Implement/maintain an effective Workplace Organization Method within the area of responsibility/influence In compliance with 5S requirements.
- Understand and identify/regularly review environmental aspects of the facility and take necessary measures to manage/prevent risks and mitigate environmental impacts as appropriate; Perform environmental risk assessment of any job having risk to the environment in accordance with Vietnam Environmental Law.
- Ensure that environmental Policies and Procedures and standing instructions related to environment aspects are kept up-to-date and implemented; Provide input to Procedures and other relevant documents. Maintain, develop and/or establish environmental documentation (waste management plan, monitoring plan, aspect & impact registers, environmental records etc.)
- Apply WSH engineering principles to WSH risk management
- Identify WSH behavioral aspects and apply suitable WSH management principles
- Communicate and consult with stakeholders on WSH matters
- Identify and manage resources for WSH, plan and monitor to ensure adequate stock of PPE is maintained
- Monitor and improve WSH performance. Check and supervise the operation of equipment and machinery to ensure safe operation and inspect machinery with strict occupational safety requirements.
- Plan and manage WSH Management System and procedures. Facilitating pragmatic and cost-effective, risk-based improvement strategies/ program and recommend continual improvements to WSH management systems
- Report periodically/ extraordinarily to authorities related to occupational safety and health, occupational accidents
- Coordinate with HR to carry out annual health check-ups for employees
- Regularly organizing drills for fire prevention and fighting plans for internal fire prevention and fighting forces
- Follow up, perform periodic maintenance of Fire Fighting (PCCC) facilities and keep records according to regulations.
- Periodic and extraordinary reports on the FPF field for the authorities as required.
2. Behavioral Skills/ Competencies:
- Ability to consider employee’s skill level knowledge and understanding of all phase of the job and those requiring improved skills and/or experience.
- Effective in listening to others, expressing ideas, both orally and in writing and providing relevant and timely information to management, co-workers, subordinates and customers.
- Gets along with fellow employees, respects the rights of other employees and shows a cooperative spirit.
- Understanding problem and making timely practical decision.
- Effective in accomplishing work assignments, establishing challenging goals, delegating and coordinating effectively, promoting innovation and team effort.
- Conduct their professional relations by the highest standards of integrity and avoid compromise of their professional judgment by conflicts of interest.
- Taking disciplinary action against the violations.
- Be honest, fair, and impartial; act with responsibility and integrity. Adhere to high standards of ethical conduct with balanced care for the interests of the public, employers, clients, employees, colleagues, suppliers and the profession.
- Act in a manner free of bias with regard to religion, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability
- Issue any statements only in an objective and truthful manner and only when founded upon knowledge of the facts and competence in the subject matter.
3. Required Skills/ Experience/ Competencies:
- Bachelor/Engineer degree in Technical/Environment…
- Nationally recognized certifications (OSHA) and/or Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or related field
- At least 02 years of experience in HSSE/ audit of the manufacturing company.
- Knowledge of Vietnamese HSSE regulations and audits’ requirements.
- Be physically fit and maintain physical fitness during course of employment to perform job duties
- English speaking skills
- Microsoft office skills (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Be familiar with HSSE reports/audit
* Workplace: 18 VSIP II-A Street 27, Vietnam Singapore Industrial Park II-A, Vinh Tan Commune, Tan Uyen Town, Binh Duong Province, Vietnam.
* Direct Report: General Director & Deputy General Director
* Indirect Report: Group General Manager & Group HSSE Department