I. PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF ROLE:
The Group HR Manager (or Head of Human Resources) is responsible for all people based activity within the group from both an operational and strategic perspective. The scope of the role includes: business strategy, people strategy and resource planning, talent acquisition, people-management systems, remuneration, organization effectiveness, employee relations and HR Administration.
1. Strategy & Planning (30%)
- Understand the company’s business model, processes and strategies
- Coordinate with business leaders to develop detailed business strategies in terms of providing people management insight.
- Identify and research key human resources issues, contributing information/data, analysis, and recommendations to support organization strategic thinking and direction
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans of the group into practical HR/people-oriented strategic and operational plans.
- Define and consolidate staffing needs (quantity, by grade/level, by BU, function, by timelines)
- Determine plan for acquiring and promoting/rotating talents to fill staffing gaps
- Assess organizational performance (i.e. retention, productivity, people costs) to identify people strategies and priorities for the group
- Develop, track, and control the HR policies/procedures and people costs.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate HR organizational structure that supports the needs of the business
2. Promote and strengthen company’s corporate culture throughout the Group
- Understand deeply the corporate culture of the Group; work with the Group CEO to come up with smart initiatives to promote and create the desired corporate culture.
3. Operational Management (50%)
- Create company strategic recruitment and selection plan by working closing with business unit heads and department managers to understand their human capital requirements to achieve business goals and objectives – short term and long term
- Supervise recruitment throughout the group through management of the talent acquisition team.
- Maintain a candidate database and work with recruitment consultants that positions are filled in the shortest possible time with the appropriate candidates.
- Interview senior hires when necessary.
Talent Pipeline Planning
- Partner with top management to identify top talents/potential successors for key roles (both leadership and expert roles) which are critical for long-term and short-term business growth
- Ensure talent pipeline for critical roles by supervising development and execution of talent development plan.
Training and Development
- Ensure talent assessment and strategic talent development plan are effectively implemented through management of talent development manager and HR business partners, which meet personal, professional, and organizational needs of company employees.
- Lead the performance management process by setting standard and timeline
- Supervise annual performance review, rating and annual work plan & KPIs setting throughout the group through management of talent development manager and HR business partners.
- Facilitate performance rating calibration where necessary to ensure timely completion and fairness among functions and across group
Rewards and Recognition
- Manage all promotion proposals for employees in the group to ensure reflection of competence, diversity and comparability across group
- Lead and facilitate non-monetary reward program (communication, nomination, selection, execution) at the group level
- Through oversight work of remuneration manager and in consultation with expert in the market, ensure the compensation & benefit programs are balance between rewarding for performance, for talent retention and market benchmarking, cost controlling
- Define annual compensation budget per BU, per function and for the group
- Lead the Compensation (Salary/Bonus) Review process and provide guidelines to support line managers
- Work with BU leaders and BOM to agree how to distribute compensation budget across group based on knowledge of issues and market data
- Ensure compensation review is complete on time / to budget and consistent across group through management of the Remuneration and HR business partners
- Manage compensation adjustment as appropriate
- Track and report people costs as appropriate
- Manage employee relations in a fair and consistent manner through Employee relation manager and HR Business Partners
- Act as the senior advisor for any employee relations issues in the group. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations when required.
- Build a positive and progressive work environment in conjunction with Employee relation manager, HR Business Partners and business leaders
- Conduct assessment to identify organization effectiveness opportunities (including organization structure) and recommend initiatives/projects to enhance group’s performance toward long-term, short term business strategy.
- Lead the implementation of the strategic HR Plan, projects and initiatives of the group to positively add value to both our business and employees.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure that all HR projects and initiatives are appropriately communicated and implemented at the group
4. People Management (20%)
- Delegate and monitor assigned tasks to team members
- Monthly meetings with team members
- Motivate and inspire the team to achieve company goals
- Monitor performance of team and address any issues
- Provide input to performance reviews for team
- Lead the recruitment of team members
- Develop team members
1. QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor Degree majoring in Human Resource Management, Law, Business Administration
- Certificates in related areas
- Knowledge of laws and regulations related to labor/HR
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar role. Preferred in similar industry or similar organization size/structure
- Proven success in building strong business partnerships with senior leaders
- Excellent - communicator, both English and Vietnamese
- Excellent - Strategic thinking and planning skills
- Good - business acumen
- Good – facilitation
- Good - conflict resolution
- Good - communication
- Good - Team management
4. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self learner