1.Head of Quality, HSSE & DG Vietnam
- Location: South building mainly, 2 days a week in STWH, biz trips required for other business sites for ISO certification and other relevant areas.
- Disciplinary Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer, Vietnam and Cambodia
- Functional Reporting to: RHO Respective Function/Job Holders
- Staff Responsibility: Yes
2. General Description
The “Quality, HSSE & DG Head” is in charge of implementing, monitoring and managing all confirmed standards around Quality, Health, Safety, Security as well as Environment and Dangerous Goods for all entities, divisions and departments of company.
Furthermore this role shall frequently analyze with its team latest results & findings and implement corrective actions in order to achieve continuous improvements and to be recognized as the market leading company in this sector. In line with company’s “Safety First” policy the first and foremost responsibility of this role is to prevent the risk of safety incidents.
3. Specific Accountabilities
- Develop and implement the companies QMS program (including ISO & other defined standards)
- Train employees in implementing all QA standards; ensure all employees are following guidelines for QA follow-up procedures.
- Ensure that a document control procedure is adopted to approve, review and update. all changes to critical documents within the scope of the Quality Management System.
- Undertake regular internal and process audits of the QMS.
b. Health & Safety
- Make recommendations and submissions of reports to RHO/Country Management to improve and enhance HS procedures, measures and systems.
- Responsible for the local implementation and management of HS standards and procedures in the company on all areas of operational activities including company premises, warehouse activities, subcontractors and office HS.
- Arrange staff training about HS. Ensure that training records are kept.
Arrange HS audits on a regular basis as well as spot checks at irregular intervals.
- Implementation of the Global Health & Safety Management System
- Make recommendations and submissions of reports to RHO/Country Management
to improve and enhance security procedures, measures and systems.
- Responsible for the local implementation and management of security standards in the company on all areas of operational activities including company premises, warehouse activities and office security.
- Implementation of a Crisis Management Plan for company.
- Conducting risk assessments, security audits on regular basis
- Implementation of the Global Security Management System
- Carry out staff security training divided into function, specific training and general awareness training depending on staff category. Ensure that training records are kept.
- Conduct investigation on security matters as and when directed by the Corporate Office Management and in communication with the Regional Security Coordinator.
- Inform, without unnecessary delay RHO and Country Management of security breaches and other security incidents in relation to company operations.
- Assist local authorities such as the Police when required.
- Make recommendations and submissions of reports to RHO / Country Management to improve and enhance E procedures, measures and systems.
- TORCH Reporting – Environment: collect Environment data from Operational sites including offices and warehouse, and then input respective data to TORCH.
- Responsible for the local implementation and management of E standards and procedures in the company on all areas of operational activities including company premises, warehouse activities, subcontractors and offices.
- Implementation of the Global Environmental Management System.
- Arrange staff training divided into function-specific training and general awareness training depending on staff category. Ensure that training records are kept.
- Arrange E audits on a regular basis as well as spot checks at irregular intervals.
e. Dangerous Goods
- Advising own company on the transport of dangerous goods
- Risk prevention to ensure safe transportation of dangerous goods at all times
- Preparing an annual report to the management on the company’s activities in the transport of dangerous goods
- Monitoring compliance with the government and company’s Global DG Management System requirements governing the storing & transportation of dangerous goods
- Ensuring all licenses
4. Required Skills
- Very good project management skills
- Strong communication, presentation and training skills
- Good listening and moderation skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Vietnamese
- Good team player, effective in building good relationship with the people and teams he / she will be working with
5. Experience and Qualifications
- Degree holder or equivalent industry specific qualification, preferable in contract logistics and freight forwarding industry
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in international freight forwarding / logistics industry
- Shall hold a valid vocational training certificate, valid for transport by road, air or ocean
- Tapa FSR & TSR Training
- ISO standard experience for QHSSE