The primary role of the Guider/Supporter/Greeter team at the US Embassy / Consulate is crowd management, guiding applicants to their respective interview counters and act as a facilitator between the Consular Staff and the visa applicants.
- Report to their designated areas on time.
- Report to the supervisor in the morning, before starting their daily duty.
- Display the Consular badge at all times while on the Embassy/Consulate premises. If someone forgets to carry the badge, then they must report to security for a visitor badge.
- Attend to the respective window when called upon by the consular staff
- Speak politely and professionally to the applicants and staff
- Check arriving applicants against daily manifest (first on the handheld device, and then on paper if it is not found on the device)
- Assist in providing basic information on navigating around waiting area of in the consular section
- Prior to intake, ensure applicants have their confirmation letter, passports and DS-160 (DS-260) confirmation in their hands while the rest of supporting documents are kept separately.
- Maintain and facilitate an orderly entrance and exit of all applicants into and out of the waiting areas.
- Treat applicants kindly; be attentive, helpful and inform consular staff of the presence of applicants who may have special needs (disabled, children, wheelchair bound and any medical emergency) in order to ensure their waiting time is kept to a minimum.
- Remind applicants to be seated properly as requested and watch for their numbers/names to be visible at the screen or called for interviews.
- Alert NIV Supervisor/other NIV Staff for any type of anomaly including medical emergency
- Be alert/attentive in case of a security alarm and follow the security guidelines as provided by consular section.
- In case of any evacuation announcements direct the applicants to the designated waiting area as per instructions.
- For any issues/questions on the admission of applicants or any other operational issues, greeters should reach out to duty FSN/SFSN.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree in any relevant field
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience required (Prefer Customer Service, Receptionist, Visa Consultant, Tour Guider, Immigration Consultant, ...)
- Strong skills in customer service / customer care management
- Basic IT skills to include proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Good in spoken and written English
- Fluency in spoken and written Vietnamese
- Ability to work independently while being part of a virtual, effective team.
- Flexibility in work hours and full availability during work week.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good looking
- Ability to conduct research to solve problems and execute solutions.
- High level of punctuality, work ethic and discretion.