** Developing and implementing strategic plans developed with the CEO, through studying opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
** Developing and controlling budgets, and measuring results of the budgets; ensuring the allocation of resources, progress of goals and key objectives remain relevant with positive results.
** Guiding and leading staff at all levels; from department heads (direct reports) through to factory laborers; ensuring all staff understand the vision and mission of the company and providing inspirational leadership at all times.
** Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; reinforcing sustainable and ethical business practices.
- Operations Management:
** Provide solid leadership, coaching, direction and resources to enable the various teams to execute and delivering company objectives.
** Manage various projects under time and financial constraints.
** Overseeing, coordinate sales and production planning activities in accordance with company objectives.
** Providing high level of support to the production manager and his team to enable the factory performance to achieve the scheduled production target.
** Support in developing relationships with customers and maintaining commitments with our customers regarding to service, quality and timelines.
- Staff Management:
** Increase company effectiveness through leading our staff. This is delivered through active recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining functional managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives.
** Planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
** Developing incentives.
** Developing a climate for constantly encouraging the sharing of information and opinions.
** Providing educational opportunities and promotion.
** Coordinating between departments for analyzing and solving problems when identified.
** Contributing to a team environment by coordinating and accomplishing tasks and results as required.
- System Controlling and Improvement:
** Coordinates and establishes company procedures and working flows such as procurement, production, marketing, HR, finance and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
** Driving continuous process for improvement in productivity, cost control, service, and inventory. These results need to be measurable and in line with budgets and strategies.
** Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench marking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
** Responsible and accountable for financial results and the release of these results by the finance team to the CEO and Board in the designated timeline.
** Budget development and revision, and dissemination of these budgets among the company and to the CEO and board are required.
- Daily, weekly and monthly production, export, purchasing, staffing and other operational reporting is required to be led by the General Manager, so that all information is produced and disseminated across the company, and measured against goals and plans.
- University degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or similar, post graduate studies (ie, MBA) is preferred.
- At least 7 years work experience in a commercial/business role.
- Substantial International experience – ideally working in an international company, but also with exposure to international customers.
- Strong and confident English (spoken and written), with the ability to inspire and lead foreign and local staff of all levels.
- Demonstrable understanding and experience in manufacturing and the process of development of products.
- Experience in project management, with examples required of projects that have been lead and delivered.