Scope of Responsibility:
- EOHS Manager is responsible for executing the Global EOHS strategy. This includes developing, modifying, and implementing EOHS standards, guidelines, training, and methodologies to enable all Company global functions to deliver consistent, superior EOHS performance.
- He / she will have ‘subject matter expert’ knowledge in at least one EOHS technical area that can be shared globally.
- He / she are responsible for managing and / or participating in the Global EOHS Audit Program to ensure conformance with Company standards and government regulations.
- He / she will leverage data based KPI's and audit results to identify and drive continuous improvement opportunities and to reduce waste.
- He / she will build relationships and common programs with outside consultants, government agencies and suppliers as well as with global Company business partners e.g. in Human Resources, Medical, Product Development, Legal, R&D, Global Business Development, Division & Subsidiary Business Units, Supply Chain Management, Global Packaging, Divisional and Subsidiary EOHS, GSC Category & Project Engineering and GML&S.
- Define and implement Global EOHS management strategies, direction and policies with the goal of protecting Company employees and equity, reducing waste, and growing the business.
- Provide EOHS technical expertise and leadership to help subsidiaries deliver excellence in execution in the field
- Provide EOHS subject matter expertise throughout the Company world as necessary.
- Investigate and assess areas in subsidiaries where performance is substandard and, in partnership with local management, make recommendations and assist in developing actions to address in a timely manner.
- Maintain and enhance EOHS Standards and Guidelines. Develop supporting corporate templates and SPIs for standardization. Identify new standards required. Define applicable areas of focus, timelines, resource requirements, and business partners to drive global implementation of the EOHS Standards.
- Set Global KPI’S and specifies the measurement, collection, and monitoring systems. Periodically report progress to Senior Management.
- Maintain existing training programs and identify and develop new learning tools. Build Divisional Training capability by delivering training programs in conjunction with field based resources. Evaluate global training effectiveness at all levels.
- Lead / participate in Corporate EOHS audits. Provide assistance in tracking and closing of audit observations and in the use of audit software. Periodically provide progress reports to Senior Management.
- Identify next generation ‘state of the art’ EOHS strategies, technologies and tools. Assess applicability to CP processes. Adapt and drive implementation of existing and new techniques globally.
- Participate in optimizing and standardizing factory designs for improved EOHS performance. Communicate design requirements to assure consistent and complete Technology Transfer between Technology and Divisions /subsidiaries. Actively participate in design teams for key engineering projects.
- Drive business issue resolution and continuous improvement. Capture key learnings, best practices, potential issues / trends and opportunities for improvement and communicate globally on a regular basis.
- Ensure that all serious incidents and accidents are fully investigated by the subsidiary management, that lessons learned are codified and shared as appropriate and that corrective action has been taken to remediate the root causes on the incident or accident.
- Evaluate statistical data; participate on cross-functional G3 teams, and special projects.
- Maintain professional memberships with outside EOHS organizations and ensure transfer of knowledge to and from Company and these forums.
- Provide regional assistance to the Operating Divisions i.e. to the EOHS professionals and the leaders of each business function.
- BSc. or MSc. in a technical, engineering or EOHS field
- Certified EOHS Manager / Engineer / Auditor
- 8-10 years EOHS, Supply Chain, R&D, and/or related technical experience.