- Develop, lead, manage and enforce an ongoing environment, safety and health program to ensure safe and healthy working conditions in the Company.
- Conduct job safety & health studies and analysis; formulate and recommend safety policies and procedures to reduce or eliminate incidents, safety and health hazards and damage to life and property.
- Assist in reviewing all renovations and re-engineering projects to ensure compliance with environment, safety and health standards and methods.
- Consult with departments on design, use and maintenance of personal protection equipment.
- Provide information, signs, posters, barriers and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous areas.
- Participate in or lead safety auditing of facilities to detect existing or potential fire, safety and health hazards; initiate corrective and preventive measures when required; and follow-up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Participate in or lead incident investigations; prepare materials and evidence for Company use in lawsuits and insurance investigations.
- Compile and submit accident reports required by the Company and regulatory agencies in time.
- Lead the Company Safety Committee and its activities
- Develop and deliver continuous safety training to increase proficiency in safe practice and promote fire, safety and environment consciousness in association with employee health.
- Represent the Company in community or industrial safety groups and programs.
- Maintain safety files and records.
- Determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations; monitor, verify and reconcile expenditure of budgeted funds.
- Ensure that the company is aware of and complies with all environment, safety and health legislation in relation to the use of its plant, equipment and substances, as well as in all workplace activities.
- Administrate EHS management system effectively.
- Perform other duties common to supervisory jobs and other duties as may be assigned.
- Recognised university degree (Mechanic/Electric)
- Minimum 5 years with hand-on experience in industrial safety (OSHA) at same position
- Thorough knowledge in Vietnamese labour law in term of Safety and Environment
- Good organization and prioritization of work and archives
- Be analytical and methodical in approach to problems
- Good skills for office computer applications
- Carefulness, considerateness and patience.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to follow instructions and be proactive when facing issues.
- Questions and/or to seek clarification
- Strong knowledge on Safety, Health and Environment