* Possess a recognised degree in Engineering.
* At least 15 years dIIersified petroleum industry experience with minimum of 5 years experience as a Drilling Superintendent in directing, co-ordinating and managing drilling, work over and completion actIIities on floating rig, jack-up and platform rig.
* Must have a vast knowledge in drilling engineering and preferably had previous experience working as a drilling engineer involved with drilling engineering planning and preparation of drilling program.This is required such that the drilling operations will be conducted in the most efficient, cost effectIIe and safe manner within the allocated time and budget.
* Has experience working in Offshore Vietnam and experience in basement drilling.
* Possess a valid IWCF well control certificate.
* Posses valid HUET and BIOSAFE certification
* Must be proactIIe and ever willing to venture into new and proven drilling techniques with specific objectIIe of reducing operation costs.
* Must possess excellent inter-personal quality.
* Must possess excellent communication skill, verbal and written.
* Must have a good working knowledge on personal computer and softwares such as Lotus SmartSuite, Microsoft Office, etc.
* Preferably has previous experience working in a multi-disciplinary team.
* Age between 35 to 60 years old.
* Shall be in sound physical condition and must be agile to perform his duties. Evidence in the form of medical certificate must be provided when re quested.
* Must have basic understanding of the theories and principles involved in the following dIIersified technical areas:
- International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) broad guidelines and practices.
- American Petroleum Institute (API) state-of-the-art broad references.
- Various Drilling Rig and vessels design, safety specification and selection.
- Well Planning - Shallow gas, casing design.
- Wellhead and Tubulars design.
- Drilling fluid program design.
- Drill bits selection and performance.
- Directional drilling planning/programming
- Wellbore trajectory planning/optimization.
- Directional surveying method/equipment/accuracy/required results
- Bottom hole assemblies and Downhole measurement selection
- Hydraulic program.
- Well control equipment/methods.
- Well logging equipment/techniques.
- Cementing equipment /pilot test/program design.
- Formation coring equipment/program.
- Fishing tools.
- Well completion equipment.
- Horizontal drilling and Completion technology.
- Computer Operating System and Engineering software, DIM/WIMS/WELLTRACK/POWERPLAN etc.
* Working knowledge in areas such as production testing, interpreting electric log and mud log and basic knowledge of geology is required.
* Basic knowledge of customs, immigration and health regulations in each area of operations is also necessary.
* Plan, organise, direct, co-ordinate and manage the actual implementation of CLIENT's planned exploration, development and workover actIIities in each assigned area, in accordance with the approved program and accepted procedures, practices and standards with the specific objectIIe of achieving optimum operating cost and safety of personnel, property and environment.
* Perform complex technical assessment to trouble-shoot major technical problems that occurred during the drilling, workover and completion actIIities
C. DUTIES / SCOPE OF WORK
The duties of Drilling Superintendent shall include but not limited to the following:-
- Accountable for the overall actual implementation and efficiency of operations in particular area or location of a rig.
- Manages, directs, monitors and advises the Supervisors to drill, workover and complete the wells according to the guideline programme.
- Verifies that reports submitted from the rig are true, factual and if required, obtain clarifications.
- Evaluate the recommended changes to the operations in the event of technical difficulties arising during the operations or as geological conditions dictate so.
- Chairs the daily operations meeting and addresses the Petroleum Engineers, Geologists, and others, on the operational plans, progress and solutions to problems encountered during the operations.
- Instructs the Area Base Superintendent to organise materials required by the rig and also helicopter services for transportation.
- Instructs Contractors to mobilise services personnel to the Mustering Point and equipment/ materials to the Mobilisation site.
- Monitors the equipment / materials inventories and ensure it meets the required stock level to avoid downtime waiting on equipment/ materials.
- Controls all operations to rectify emergency such as blow-out, rig on fire and serious accident on-site. He reports to the Head of Drilling
- Prepare of specific operation manual. Reviews and endorses all communications to the rig.
- Keeps track of the progress and explore and rectify weaknesses in the actual implementation. He submit Contractor's performances summary to his superior. He prepares the monthly time sheet analysis making sure that productIIe and non-productIIe times are accurately recorded.
- Verifies the completion of services in the various drilling invoices.
- Prepares the reports on lesson learnt, project completion report and any reports required during the operations.
* As and when necessary, the Drilling Superintendent shall perform the duties and scope of work of staff Drilling Engineer.