- Job Objective
- Management of Product Development and Program Management
- Focusing development-related competence and management of development technology.
- Ensure technological and technical process know-how transfer as well as quality, cost and deadline targets within own area of responsibility.
- Kick off and manage customer projects according product and market strategy for the associated customer and product portfolio in order to be able to produce the agreed products with competitive technology, quality and costs that are in line with the market, expand sales and achieve a positive result.
- Tasks /Area of Responsibility
1. Development concepts
- Defining the development concepts on the basis of VE results, necessary evaluation standards are prepared in the division in order to guarantee the innovative leadership in the development segment in the long term.
2. Concept determination, implementation
- Advising / taking commercial aspects into account during concept determination for new systems / technologies taking Q, C, T aspects into account as well as patents.
3. Building up development partners / contacts
- Cooperation with customers, suppliers and institutes, analyzing and using specific know-how, in order to extend and use one's own competence.
4. Transferring know-how for series developments
- Integrating results from preliminary development (technology, systems) in series development, in order to create the pre-requisites for the development of new products/innovations (in series development).
5. Development target setting
- Agreeing and defining priorities during processing, as well as preparing decisions with the posts responsible.
- Providing development capacity for the technical design of devices and systems and their type approval, in order to increase development performance, shorten reaction times and development processes e.g. during the quotation phase, define tasks for preliminary development.
- Representation of development results at the customers, representing Hella in specialist associations and in legislative bodies.
7. Market / product strategy
- Procurement of information for customer strategy and market information, analysis of the market data and preparation of product strategies
8. Development network
- Support of the technical development network worldwide
- Ensure planning, implementing and documenting comprehensive approval tests accompanying development and final tests
B. Program Management
1. Project management
- Coordinator for customer projects, in order to ensure a smooth project end, high customer satisfaction and thus the success of the Project Center
- Ensure the adherence to agreed quality, timing and cost targets
- Responsibility for profit and loss of the assigned projects and products (from an overall perspective) in order to improve the returns on the products in the life cycle
- Regional portfolio management responsibility for assigned customers (Project Sponsor)
2. Budget planning and returns tracking / Cost follow up
- Plan the budget of all development projects, customers, modifications
- Following up costs for all current customer development products, initiating, planning, implementing and monitoring DTC projects in agreement with project centers
3. Customer relationship
- Establish and maintain customer relationships, in order to keep existing products marketable, to identify new product opportunities in good time and to propose these to the Product Center as pre-development projects
- Present new products and ideas to the customer in order to ensure future sales growth
- Assume responsibility in terms of the quality status of the assigned product group and further the quality improvement process
C. Employee management (Leadership)
1. Manage by objectives and delegate, analyze and provide the necessary resources.
- Introduction, support, familiarization, motivation of employees, agreeing and evaluating targets, arranging training sessions, preparing payment suggestions, in order to improve readiness to perform, performance levels, creativity and initiative, as well as quality and cost consciousness and working safety
- Carrying out other tasks related to this position (including examining and evaluating suggestions for improvement, as well as complying with industrial safety and environmental protection measures pertaining to the scope of duties)
- Job Requirements
- Vocational Training / Profession / Major:Language Skills:Associate Degree, Certified Mechanical or Electrical Engineer (FH), Graduate in electrical engineering / mechanical engineering / physics (technical specialist subject)
- English, fluent written and spoken (proficiency)
- Job-related Experience: more than 5-7 years
- Additional Knowledge / Skills / Experience:Employee management /Leadership, Moderation, Communication, Presentation, Business -Project Management
- Overall consideration of the Time to Market process, Global market situation and development in the automotive supplier industry, product and production trends