General Manager, Shopping Mall
Marketing Manager, Shopping Mall
Managing Director, Company
The Deputy Marketing Manager has a key role in the development & execution of the Marketing Plan for the Shopping
Centre. The position entails establishing marketing concepts and strategies, and implementation of those marketing strategies essential for the growth & development of Shopping Mall, in order to position Shopping Mall as a leading retail destination in Ho Chi Minh City. Other objectives include boosting awareness, and developing a positive brand perception, to deliver high traffic and turnover for Centre Retailers. The Deputy Marketing Manager also plays a key role in promoting Shopping Mall’s relationship with all key stakeholders, especially the Retailers of Shopping Mall, plus actual and potential shoppers in the catchment area of Shopping Mall, while retaining and expanding upon the Mall’s customer base through effective and attractive marketing activities.
Specific Responsibilities: (Including but not limited to)
The Deputy Marketing Manager has a key role in the delivery of, and will be required to take responsibility for
some aspects of the Marketing activities, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute a rolling 12 month marketing & promotional calendar that ensures synergy with the centre’s strategic intent:
- of Promotional Events (seasonal and category specific)
- of Advertising Strategy
- of Public Relations
- of Retail Staff Development and Training
- Encourage maximum participation of centre retailers in centre marketing plan and activities
- Set measurable objectives for each campaign including but not limited to sales and traffic performance.
- Align the centre with local community organizations and events, focusing on Shopping Mall Community Strategy.
- Network in industry to ensure that sponsorships, participation opportunities and award programs are maximized
- Track performance of individual retailers to identify under -performing stores and offer marketing assistance if required
- Establish at time of Business Planning a 12 month PR strategy for Shopping Mall.
- Distribute press releases to the media in reference to specific promotional events, updates and centre achievements
- Identify key stakeholders within the trade area and develop communication schedule to ensure regular contact thereby fostering relationships with these key stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with the local business community and city authorities
- Cultivate strategic relationships and liaise with with key sections of the media and bloggers to ensure appropriate publicity for Shopping Mall.
- Utilize the Company’s Marketing and Public Relations Manager (based in the HCMC Head Office) for more detailed press releases, ensuring that approval of the press release has first been gained from the Landlord
- Maintain awareness of community events
- Develop, implement & review tactical programs and promotions, from concept, through inception and delivery to completion, reflecting budget allocations. This may involve hands-on elements of physically setting up displays and working with third parties to achieve the desired outcome.
- Organize installation teams and workers to install / erect posters and promotional/ point of sale material (POSM).
- Introduce advertising campaigns promoting the Shopping Mall events calendar, from inception to completion, within budget limitations.
- Liaise with advertising, promotion & event management companies
- Digital Media – Drive activity through management and development of media such as website, blogging, forums and social media. Ensure best practice is constantly reviewed and changes in digital trends are incorporated into the overall digital media strategy.
- Undertake market research including both qualitative and quantitative research as required to ensure that all marketing objectives are consistent with the findings of the research
- Research to establish/identify items including but not limited to:
- Centre’s trade areas
- Consumer needs and wants (i.e. for leasing and positional purposes)
- Consumer attitudes and perceptions towards the centre
- Competition, trends and activities
- Customer demographics
- Suitability of marketing events to customers’ needs
- Media recognition
- Economic activity in the region and how this will impact on the future growth of the centre
- Use the Company’s reporting format to prepare monthly reports for the Landlord highlighting:
- sales and traffic analysis
- promotional activities for the month
- media/PR activities for the month
- financial situation
- Analyze the monthly retailer trading figures, occupancy costs and relevant retail sales trends affecting the performance of the centre
- Ensure marketing budget is approved by the Landlord as per the specific requirements and procedures of the Landlord.
- Prepare sufficient information for presentation of marketing activities to retailers, detailing a review of activities and results by way of:
- marketing presentation evenings
- monthly committee or panel meetings
- category meetings
- Maintain adequate records of all media and promotional activities e.g. press clipping file, in addition to copies recorded in each specific promotional file.
- Staff Development - Marketing Executives / Assistants,
- Ensure that they are given a formal job specification
- Conduct regular appraisal and review processes
- Ensure the training and development needs of all staff are addressed
- Conduct regular team meetings covering upcoming activities and general requirement
- Develop & implement a Customer Loyalty Programme, and VIP Customer Strategies.
- Manage all aspects of the Shuttle Bus for the Centre if applicable
- Develop and implement a Kids Club if applicable.
- Established Deputy Marketing Manager, having gained significant experience either in a similar or comparable position, or in hospitality or FMCG markets within a commercially oriented blue-chip environment at Senior Brand Manager/Marketing Executive level or above.
- Tertiary qualifications in Marketing/Business.
- Ability to create, estimate costs, execute, and manage events and promotions using highly developed event and / or promotions management skills.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with ability to analyze complex situations and make critical decisions in a timely manner.
- Excellent research, organization, stakeholder management, and negotiation skills, with ability to work independently.
- Experience in working with new forms of digital and online media, including social media, blogs, web based marketing etc with a strong understanding of the connection between marketing and communications / social media strategy
- Advanced Public Relations skills & experience, with established media relationships with key journalists and bloggers
- Ability to effectively represent Shopping Mall with or before the media and local authorities as well as in meetings with various stakeholders.
- Ability to drive measurable, sustainable results, analyzing the efficiency & effectiveness of marketing initiatives.
- Strong mentoring/coaching and performance management skills
- Fluent in both spoken & written English
- Skilled in effective written & oral presentation, combined with solid budgeting skills
- Proficient on software programmes including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint