Reports to: Fabrication Manager
Direct Reports: Superintendents, Supervisors
Internal: Fabrication Manager, Superintendents, Supervisors, All Trades, Project, Purchasing, Stores, Site Services, Company in Singapore.
External: Contractors, Clients, SMS, SMA
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for the follow up of material take-offs from the Process Engineer
- Responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of adequate stock levels
- Ensuring correct construction procedures are adhered to
- Accountable for monitoring resource levels and the distribution of these resources to numerous projects
- Assisting with the maintaining of safe working practices and good housekeeping in all areas and ensures Company ‘s policies are being followed
- Maintain succession plan. Identify Key personnel to the Fabrication manager for future development
- Ensure implementation of lean manufacturing and modular manufacturing is adhered to and accepted
- Provides motivation, maintains morale and minimizes confrontation
- Responsible for resource planning.
- Conduct regularly and timely performance review for all direct reports.
- Provide/give positive and corrective feedback to direct reports/Manager about performance in a timely manner.
- Motive team members toward the common goals/objectives.
- Works cooperatively with all members of the Fabrication team to develop and implement staffing plans and activities.
- Support the immediate supervisor to provide leadership for Fabrication department’s staff.
- Responsible for the implementation of all production schedules, monitoring and maintenance of schedules in conjunction with Superintendents.
- Responsible for liaising with and directing outside contractors Information Management
- Responsible for sourcing and distributing of information to Superintendents
- Maintain weekly production metrics, traceability of competed work and MPT Personnel Management
- Provide constant feedback to Superintendents regarding: Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, Morale
- The achievement against the committed goals and objectives
- The completion of work plan against the committed deadlines and schedules
- Performance on set KPI’s
Job Specification (Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience)
- Display a good working knowledge of planning and monitoring
- Display a good working knowledge of General Shipbuilding practices
- Understanding of Classification societies and regulations
- Basic welding practices
- Shipbuilding repair
- Degree in relevant field e.g. Marine, Mechanical, Naval and Systems Engineer
- Management or Project Management programme.
- Listening & questioning.
- Organizing & planning and time management
- Delegation and supervision
- Gathering and analysing information, data for decision making
- Team motivation and team building
- Conflict management
- Change management
- People management
- Ability to apply the knowledge of main job function and basic skills into works
- Ability to encourage and motive team members toward common goals
- Ability to perform well and complete tasks under high pressure
- Ability to look for solutions to solve problems
- Ability to predict and prepare preventive plans to avoid the potential of risks at work place
- Ability to learn and update related knowledge to meet the job required
- Minimum 5 years experience at Management level in the similar field
- Minimum 7 years experience with Aluminium Vessels
- Housing with amount of 1,650,000/month
- Meal allowance
- 13th month bonus
- Personal insurance