The Customer Service Manager will manage the daily global operations for the Company. This position is responsible for providing the tactical link between Sales, Operations and Accounting department, delivering cost and service results in alignment with the Company’s strategy and operational model. Develop business relationships with agents and negotiate costs while trying to improve shipment speed and efficiency. Responsibilities include but are not limited to master planning, procedures, import compliance, logistics, transportation oversight, inventory and shipment of products. This position will manage the flow of shipments and coordination of staff. The Customer Service Manager role will serve as a member of the Company's management team to provide input towards the company’s success. In addition, this position is responsible to supervise all activities of the import team, and act as a liaison between clients, operations & sales department to ensure efficient service levels are delivered to the clients.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of import strategies and activities consistent with overall aims
- Manage the necessary documentation for efficient, cost effective, and lawful execution of all import activities
- Establish, measure, and manage applicable metrics with logistics providers to ensure timely and efficient service
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, import or customer issues
- Oversee the movement, distribution, and documentations.
- Manage relationship with third party warehouses and negotiate contracts and rates
- Negotiates transportation services and rates with various carriers and Agents
- Manage weekly reporting to Key accounts
- Work in a team setting to accomplish department goals
- Develop and document standard operating procedures
- Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment
- Other duties, as assigned
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in freight forwarding with minimum 2 years in a managerial role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Communicates effectively in English, both in written and verbal formats.
- Understands and uses continuous improvement tools.
- Drives solutions to complex planning issues with limited supervision.
- Effective analytical, planning, and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with employees and customers.
- Effective negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage changing priorities.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Effective Microsoft Office skills (word, email, PowerPoint, Excel).