Geographical Scope: Vietnam
Reporting relationship is: Remote
X Close (i.e.: same office) (with the GM)
Reports to: Country General Manager, Global Construction Manager & Regional Construction Manager
- Internal – General Manager, Global Head of Construction, Regional Construction Manager, Project Management Teams
- External – Design company, Contractors & Consultants, attorneys, government institutions related to the grant of construction permits.
Lead a multi-discipline team during the engineering, procurement and construction phases of the Project. Create and maintain an attitude of leadership within the project teams with respect to overall management activities (including quality assurance, engineering, procurement, planning and controls, construction management, pre-commissioning and safety). Ensure the quality of the delivered project, while respecting established budget and schedule objectives.
- Accountable for the successful completion of the Terminal Construction Project in Vietnam
- Be responsible and follow the CAPEX and budget for the Project.
- Review proposals; Proposals Adjudication
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
- Coordinate project execution activities to ensure that the project is implemented within budget and on schedule.
- Through project coordination meetings and other means, monitor progress against project schedules and budgets; recommend allocation of resources as required to accomplish project goals and milestones.
- Represent the company in construction contract dispute resolution meetings.
- Coordinate and directs the project, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Determine and assess the need for additional staff and/or consultants securing appropriate resources as necessary during the project cycle.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Oversee construction and commissioning in order to ensure completion of the project efficiently and effectively.
SAFETY , QUALITY CONTROL AND REPORTING
- Ensure compliance of codes, standards, regulations and practices applicable to design and construction in Mongolia and also to existing company requirements.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Present and explain project proposals, reports and findings to company Management.
- Good knowledge of International & Vietnam Codes and Standards applicable to Petroleum Industry.
- Minimum of 15 years of proven and progressive project management experience
- A degree in Engineering from a recognized institution
- Experience in contractor management and lump sum EPC contracting
- Experience of working in ‘difficult’ and emerging market countries
- Experience of working in Vietnam
- Cost estimation experience
- Experience in using Auto Cad
- Experience of preparing reports/documents in English
- Mechanical Engineering degree is preferred
- Minimum -10 years’ experience in petroleum terminal Projects
- Fluent English,
- Fluent Vietnamese
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including excellent in Power Point and Excel.
- project management to manage and execute project on time and within budget
- Successful track record in achieving tasks and managing people
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and time lines
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities
- A strong leader who can motivate and engage a team with demonstrated strength in leadership qualities
- Value for money” approach
- Flexible and pragmatic