Leadershipd & Functional Responsibilities:
- Leads, develops and coach direct reports in order to continually develop world class functional and leadership performance across the Finance function
- Be a role model for engaging, leading and developing people in the business by releasing their potential
- Challenges assumptions behind current ways of working.
- Is respected for maintaining a strong sense of integrity across a range of situations and generates trust in others.
- Self confident across a range of situations with sensitivity to potential barriers or treats.
- Drives business area performance against defined priorities.
- Marshals resources with real insight about what excellence looks like; takes effective action to build teams.
- Works as a business partner to challenge vision and assumptions made within the strategy.
- Uses sound judgement and sources of information to analyse potential risks and provide alternative solutions to minimise risks.
Business Performance Management
- Applies MFV analytical tools and techniques across brands and initiatives to develop value maximising strategies.
Systems, knowledge and application
- Is able to use up to date system applications to analyse and manipulate data particularly modelling to identify alternative
Decision Support and Analysis
- Brings financial understanding to a business decisions by ensuring alternatives are thoroughly evaluated the optimum business decision is taken
Purpose of Role:
- Play a lead role in the development and implementation of an efficient and effective holistic Business Performance Management process. Verify and evaluate company investment and activities. Process to include the performance management of Strategic Initiatives.
- To act as a sparring partner to the Leadership Team, driving great performance through generating high quality strategies and plans, analysing the business against those plans, and recommending value-creating courses of action.
- To support key decisions, ensuring the value implications of the decision are understood, and key decision-makers have the necessary tools and financial capability to execute against these.
- To lead, develop and coach direct reports in order to continually develop world class functional and leadership performance across the Commercial Finance Leadership team.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities:
- Lead the Commercial Finance team to identify key business issues and opportunities, and develop value-creating solutions in partnership with the commercial teams.
- Apply evaluation tools and techniques to allocate resources most effectively to achieve business goals.
- Co-ordinate the Commercial Finance team to partner the business units to influence key business decisions.
- Transfer and raise the "capability barâ€ of both the Commercial Finance team, and the wider commercial teams in finance tools and techniques.
- Search for world best practice locally and globally in DS and spin these learningâ€™s into the task at hand and throughout the global DS community.
Key Performance Indicators
- Company and Finance Performance Promise
- Brand and business unit financial and non financial KPIs benchmarked to the Strat Plans.
- People Performance Management process.
Barriers to Success in Role (Optional):
- Insufficient level of accountability
- Inability to manage the organisation matrix
- Insensitivity to local culture/environment
- Inability to inspire and motivate others
- Insensitivity to external competitive agenda
Desired Skills & Experience
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree qualified
- Finance qualification (ACA, ACMA) or MBA
- Finance managerial experience
- Commercially focussed finance roles
- Corporate / head office experience
- Project management
- Branded goods / FMCG company background
- Experience of working with and facilitating cross-functional teams.
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience, preferably in multinational environment.
- Previous experience in similar position and/or Big Five audit firms.
- Evaluating, implementing, and improving MIS systems.
- Work in a multinational environment, understands how to implement / deploy accounting policies, risk management and internal controls.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- Proven track record managing people to high performance
Huy Nguyen (Mr.) | firstname.lastname@example.org