Business Unit Project/Program Manager works independently and leads large scale projects/programs for a designated client typically related to quality assurance, systems, manufacturing operations, etc. to achieve internal and external customer satisfaction. Uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to lead large or multiple projects / programs with significant scope and impact. Works independently on difficult assignments that are broad in nature requiring originality and ingenuity with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed actions or decisions. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. Results are evaluated at agreed upon milestones for effectiveness in achieving specified results. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for oversight of key projects or for multiple, related projects / programs aligned with an assigned Business Unit’s strategy.
- Manages projects/programs under assigned Business Unit direction.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skillin leading and directing project teams andin delivering project results within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources.
- Manages key customer programs less P&L responsibility.
- Provides customer with Jabil point of contact and interface.
- Works with internal and external customers to provide excellent customer satisfaction and exceed customer expectations.
and implements specific programs both internal and external to Jabil that span
geographic regions and cultures.
- Leads and manages the development of specific products through the various stages of the product lifecycle from concept to end-of-life.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Business Unit Manager or Business Unit Director
- Job is NOT
directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination
and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Broad manufacturing knowledge (i.e. materials, processes, test, logistics)
- Company tools (Financial system, quote process, etc.)
- Strong Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) skills
- Fundamental knowledge of cost accounting principles
- Strong Supply Chain Management skills
- Strong project and/or program management skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Bachelor's Degree and two (2) to four (4) years work-related experience required. Degree in Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or Business Management preferred.
Project Management Professional (PMP), Program Management Professional (PgMP), Certified Project Manager (CPM), or APICS certification preferred. Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.