- Develop and coordinate strategic marketing plan with the appropriate product line for the Brand Protection activities in an effort to reduce lost sales and margins by interdicting annually in illicit market activities.
- Analyzes sales, market trends and conditions to identify opportunities and threats to Company brands from counterfeit products and takes action to minimize impact.
- Consults with trademark and patent counsel and general counsel in matters of intellectual property infringement and enforcement including cease and desist actions.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements new technologies and manufacturing techniques to improve brand protection or intellectual property enforcement and reduce counterfeiting of Company brand brands products.
- Coordinates brand protection activities across sales and marketing personnel, product divisions, and manufacturing and engineering teams to ensure consistent and cost effective brand protection.
- Lead development activities around sales, marketing, and training materials that communicate Company brand protection initiatives while building brand awareness.
- Lead and facilitate training for customers, channel, sales, marketing, supply chain, manufacturing, and law enforcement on Company’s strategy for brand protection.
- Conducts proactive market surveys to identify sources of diversion, or potential resellers of counterfeit Company brand products, and takes appropriate action to minimize impact to Company.
- Other assignments as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Law, Public Security, or Business Administration.
- 7-10 years working experience in intellectual property or brand protection in public or private sectors and working with various law enforcement and government organizations.
- Strong project management experience and ability to direct and coordinate internal and external resources.
- Strong collaborative style to work with many levels of sales, marketing, and manufacturing management to influence and direct a positive outcome to brand protection.
- Knowledge or experience of intellectual property law with a high level of interaction with corporate trademarks and patent counsel
- Knowledge of Eaton domestic and international selling policies and channels is highly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge with branding and labeling, component manufacturing, aftermarket, intellectual property, pricing, channel, international sales and distribution, and independent reseller market.