1/ Job Purpose:
The Area Sales Manager for Food Service will execute a selling strategy in assigned Food Service accounts. Successful candidates will manage key customer relationships including customer agreements that deliver against internal operating plans and customer expectations. Customers for this segment may include Hotels, Restaurants, Bakery, Hospitals, Workplaces, Recreation and Education accounts.
2/ Job duties & Responsibility
- Maximize volume and revenue in key assigned Food Service accounts by utilizing fact-based selling methods
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with customers and drive customer satisfaction through superior service and execution
- Activate local and national marketplace initiatives and promotions to build brand development and maximize brand performance
- Ensure customers are complying with the Company's contract requirements
- Work closely with the Selling Operations team to improve overall customer satisfaction
- Analyze customer information and business trends using Nielsen, Kantar or other market data to identify and expand business opportunities
- Manage territory to meet or exceed the sales and profit goals of the annual budget
- Lead customer development at designated accounts
- Identify & secure new business prospects and increase sales volume in the territory
- Keep track of current on industry trends and competitors utilizing data to drive results
- Create and deliver sales presentations
- Coordinate marketing and merchandising efforts together with the customer and marketing team
- Attend trade shows, sales meetings, and industry events as necessary
- Actively participate in IBP (demand planning) to provide accurate business forecasting
- Manage assigned budgets; including trade spend, T&E, promotional programs, etc.
- Coordinate market visits within assigned territory
- Participate with broker and distributor sales managers on end-user presentations
- Perform Broker Management with designated Brokers
- Participate in sales meetings or make sales presentations to Key Distributors and Brokers ensuring Company’s Sales objectives are achieved
- Do monthly sales forecast and new product development
3/ Job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Competent communication in Business English is required.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and other business systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & organizational skills.
- Honest, dedicated, hard-working, can-do attitude.
- 3+ years of outside sales experience with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales objectives.
- Understanding the coffee market in Vietnam.
- Experience in the food industry; used to work in the position for big café companies is a plus.