Our client is a leading global integrated supply chain manager and processor of agricultural products and food ingredients, sourcing 20 products with a direct presence in 70 countries and supplying them to over 16,200 customers. With direct sourcing and processing in most major producing countries for its various products, our client has built a global leadership position in many of its businesses, including Cocoa, Coffee, Cashew, Sesame, Rice, Cotton and Spices. Headquartered in Singapore and listed on the SGX-ST on February 11, 2005, our client currently ranks among the top 40 largest listed companies in Singapore in terms of market capitalization and is a component stock in the Straits Times Index (STI), MSCI Singapore Free, S&P Agribusiness Index and the DAX global Agribusiness Index.
Our client commenced operations in Vietnam in 90s, setting up the head office in Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City and regional offices in the Dong Nai, Long An, Daklak, Gialai and Lamdong Provinces.
The agronomy manager will lead the crop survey and agronomy team for the Vietnam Cashew business.
- To implement Crop Forecasting, Weather forecast update.
- To conduct on the ground crop surveys, monitor and report general crop conditions, weather monitoring, yields, land usage, competing crops.
- Provide technical support and advise farmers on the production of crops.
- Prepare and provide training to farmers
- To measure yield and quality within a representative sample of farms
- Identify potential quality and supply issues prior to harvest and commercialization
- 12 to 15 years’ experience of industry experience with at least 5 years in Agronomy
- Degree in agriculture sciences in preferred
- English communication skill is mandatory
- Work location is Bien Hoa, Dong Nai but willing travel all Viet Nam
- Salary range: Around 2000 - 2500 USD/month
- Shuttle bus from HCMC
- 13th month salary
- KPIs bonus from 1-3 months
- Working time: 8h00-17h00 Monday – Friday, 8h-12h Saturday