- Monitors competitors' activities with each account and market overview, assesses company’s business potential within the assigned segment, analyzes price levels and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented
- Facilitates the identification and development of new and potential customers within assigned business area
- Responds and gives feedback about improvement area in the product portfolio as well as future customer needs
- Participates in promotional activities such as seminars, exhibitions, articles in magazine focused on the target market.
- Identifies sales possibilities at an early stage by maintaining good relationship with customers
- Initiates and facilitates cross-selling teams on a business segment and/or division level
- Participates in the demand side budgeting process, as required
- Fulfills the expected number of customer visits as established in consultation with the Sales Manager and ensures that the customer database is maintained updated in regards to customer information, contact persons, sales/contracts and activities
- Facilitates negotiations with the customer for the conclusion of contracts and takes the sales to agree upon margins, and ensures a high level of customer satisfaction throughout the entire sales process
- Ensures that the sales proposals submitted are followed up and that agreement are signed and that they are in accordance with established requirements within the unit
- Follow up customer payments are received in accordance with the terms of the contract in order to avoid past due notices
- Track and monitor quotations (volume of offers, won-lost analysis, provide feedback of offers by update ProSales / CCP etc.)
- Participate in risk review process as required
- Ensures that entered agreements are complied with and that deliveries of products (goods and services) are implemented on time at the agreed upon cost
- Organizes and coordinates post-sales marketing activities in collaboration with Service team to ensure the added sales of goods and services in addition to the offering sold.
- Ensure that the customer is satisfied and that any customer complaints are regularly registered in a database
- Educational background: At least Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering/ Mechatronics. Major in Power System/ Electrical & Electronic Equipment/ Measurement Equipment is
- Experience: At least 5 years of working experience as sales engineer/ product manager in relevant products including Motors/ Generators/ Transformers & Switchboards
- Industry background: Cement, Chemical, Compressors and blowers, HVAC, Cranes, Elevators, Food and beverage, Marine and offshore, Metals, Mining, Oil and gas, Power,
- Water and waste water utilities, Pulp and paper.
- Knowledge: Market & product technical knowledge in a wide range of drives, motors, VFD/ VSD, AC Drives, DC Drives.
- Strong commercial awareness
- Strong knowledge on contract terms and risk management
- Wide network and customer relations in the industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to communicate with people from different levels
- Customer and result oriented
- Self-starter, persistent, proactive and good team player
- Able to work under pressure and willing to travel within assigned territory and overseas
- Good command of spoken and written English